Tuesday, 21 September 2010

There is something splendid about you

There is something splendid about you,
I can see it
In your brown eyes
And the way
You smile
At strangers,
I can see it
In the way
You lift your hands
To the sky
And the sun
Shines.

There is something splendid about you,
I can see it
When you sleep
And the moon
Lights
The silence,
I can hear it
In your stories
Weaved
In make-believe.

There is something splendid about you,
I can read it
When you write,
Because no matter
What you say
The words spell
Kindness
And loveliness
And I know this
Because it’s true.

(by Jean-MIchel K.)

27 comments:

Beachanny said...

There's something splendid in your poem that radiates its own kindness and warmth. Very beautiful words. Thanks for linking and sharing. Gay (@beachanny)

Steve Isaak said...

I love meeting people like that, and, just as much, I love reading exemplary celebrations of folks like that, exemplary celebrations like this.

Strong piece!

Brian Miller said...

nice. your verse says much about the person to whom it was intended...obviously true if they carry that much within their words...nice one shot!

Kathleen Overby said...

You cause us to want to know and like them also.

Desert Rose said...

I truly loved this one, cos yeah..there is always something special that drag us to the people who we are meant to meet..it is too delicate, magical that i closed my eyes for a second to watch myself there..lovely one shot!

Anonymous said...

This is an extremely rich poem. Nice one shot. Love and Light, Sender

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

uplifting and upbeat message,
beautiful job!

dustus said...

Wonderfully sentimental and honors the subject of the poem. Thanks for linking up to One Shot! Enjoyed reading it.

Raven said...

I just really like this poem a lot.

signed...bkm said...

I love this filled with light and beauty....nice..everyone here is writing about autumn and you are experiencing spring....I can sense it in this piece....bkm

Vinay Leo R. said...

your words radiate a beauty of their own :) loved it.

My One Shot

Anonymous said...

I am left with a smile :) Great poem! River

Anonymous said...

There is something splendid about your writing, and about the thoughts behind it. Some lucky so and so, to be written about like this... Loved your poem!

Claudia said...

this is the language of love - woven into your verses - seeing a person with lover's eyes and feeling the magic - love it!

tuberider said...

Wow, thanks for the comments everyone! I wrote this poem for a friend of mine, She is really like that! The words came easily.

Victoria (liv2write2day) said...

Wow, Jean-Michel, beautifully written. I love the line:

...And the moon
Lights
The silence,
I can hear it
In your stories
Weaved
In make-believe.

Pauline said...

I like the way you are so sure

Amanda said...

Absolutely adored this one, amazing how we are drawn to the one's we're suppose to meet...this is just such a magical write...I am happy to be here and a perfect One Shot :)

Shashidhar Sharma said...

The word spells kindness.. beautifully written, I enjoyed reading it..

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Connect with me on Twitter at @VerseEveryDay to read one verse everyday on life, love and longing...

Marshy said...

its nice to come across something uplifting and joyous...a wonderful write...thanks for sharing..cheers pete

Wild Rose said...

Beautiful poem, lovely and joyous lines, i enjoyed it and nice oneshot!

Unknown said...

i think it would make a good song..

Anonymous said...

loved reading this !! complete delight :)

* said...

PS: Didn't realize your use of "splendid." Splendid is a splendid word, too often (sadly) ignored, a misfit of compliments, and fits perfectly in this poem.

TALON said...

There is something splendid about this poem's celebration and observation of someone special. I loved the lines:

"I can hear it
In your stories
Weaved
In make-believe" - this reminded me of a friend of mine who is pure magic to watch tell a story.

Catherine Mackie said...

Isn't it amazing when you meet someone whose soul simply shines out of them, encompassing all who encounter them in warmth. That is the sense I get from your poem. I don't know yet if you have a 'followers' section, but if you do, I'm in. I would be honoured if you would visit my blog http://bleedingmoonpoetry.blogspot.com. I, too, am South African.

Helena Malheur said...

Beautiful write... I loved the lines

“You lift your hands
To the sky
And the sun
Shines.”

and

"When you sleep
And the moon
Lights
The silence"


Such a pleasure to read!