Saturday, 4 September 2010

Shine

Do you wonder where I am when you watch
the stars perform their midnight mass?
Do your eyes reflect Sirius, the Dog Star,
shining by Orion?

Do you wonder what I’m doing
in the silence of the space between us?
Do you wish on falling stars while supernovas
drift by wandering suns in halos of golden light?

Are you lonely when you look at the moon?
Is your heart empty inside?
Can you see the nebula clouds glittering with stardust
while Alpha Centauri stands guard at heaven’s gate?

Do you wonder what I’m thinking
right here right now?
Jupiter serenades its spinning moons,
but all I can do is write a message for you:
The stars don’t love you.
I do.

(by Jean-Michel K.)

12 comments:

JRM said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Well written!

I love how you entwined space and the cosmos into your piece!

I also wrote a short piece with the cosmos as a subject called Haikus From Space. Feel free to check it out!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is incredibly beautiful. I love all the names of the stars,the lines scattered with supernovas and stardust. And the last two lines - fantastic! Wonderfully done!

Brian Miller said...

beautiful write...love how you wrap it with all these beautiful things in the sky are there...but i am here and i love you...excellent one shot!

dustus said...

Your lines evoke cosmic imagery which is then brought down to earth. What a message! Appreciate your One Shot.

moondustwriter said...

That my friend speaks volumes - universes in fact. What a great poem - she doesn't even need to ask you assure her.

Thank you for sharing with One Shot

This Moon is loving your earthly serenade

Rinkly Rimes said...

Knowing that someone else s star-gazing as we are is rather lovely.

gautami tripathy said...

Now I wonder...

the middles makes it

Bubba said...

What a poignant ending!

(Talk about someone not seeing the forest for the trees!)

Great One Shot, Jean-Michel!

Belinda said...

Beautiful galactic words with a perfect ending.

Great to meet you through One Shot Wednesday.

* said...

I like the spun-out-to-stars dream like quality of this poem, an ode to a beloved, a choice One Shot!

PS: I use many references to stars/galaxy/sky/night in my poetry, too...

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Loved it ... and the words "do you know what we are doing in the silence of the space between us.. enjoyed it thoroughly..

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter @VerseEveryDay
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The stars don't love you... I do. WONDERFUL. Love and Light, Sender