Monday, 6 September 2010

I have fallen in love with a ghost

I have fallen in love with a ghost
Not just any ghost
You see
But the most beautiful ghost

She has my heart and I have hers
And when the night comes
I see her
Through my words

I am in love with a ghost
Who knows
What I think
Of her porcelain skin

And her gentle eyes
That watch me all the time

I have fallen in love with a ghost
Whose transparent heart
Sees no end to her love
And devotion

I am haunted by a ghost
Not just any ghost
You see
But the sweetest ghost

I light candles for her
And she whispers to me

(by Jean-Michel K.)

15 comments:

patty said...

I have some ghosts from my past that yes, I do love. Enjoyed your poem.

Unknown said...

I really like the flow of this poem. peaceful, yet strong piece.

Glynn said...

And the ghost has fallen in love with you, because she whispers to you. Lovely poem.

Claudia said...

ah - what a sweet love poem for a ghost...hopefully one day this ghost will come alive...nice one shot!

Desert Rose said...

beautiful! yeah..even ghosts can fall in love and it is the sweetest unconditional one..:)the flow is incredibly touching..:)

Anonymous said...

I especially love the ending couplet.

dustus said...

Apparitions of love... I think we all can relate to this poem. Well done!

PattiKen said...

Lovely. I liked this a lot.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Very sweet poem and your attachment to the love is beautifully portrayed.. I liked it.

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Brian Miller said...

lovely piece...those ghosts can seem so much more even than what they were when we knew them...which is rather haunting...love the lighting candles at the end..nice one shot!

Marshy said...

i understood this very well...and have been there many a time....a lovely write..thanks for sharing

Bubba said...

Maybe she'll turn out to be a succubus! (Oh no!)

Lovely One Shot, Jean-Michel!

Steve Isaak said...

Ah, sweet haunting love. Effective work.

tuberider said...

Thanks again for the comments everyone! When I wrote this poem I was thinking of poetry as the ghost hence the last 2 lines.

Reflections said...

Apparitional beauty... moments of pleasure in time not lost.