I watched him die
Lying there on the bed
His great big human heart
Counting down the beats
Till the blood stopped
And life left his skin
She told me how they met
That summer in sixty-four
Barefoot on the beach
He always made her laugh she said
Right up to the end
Her tears had nowhere to hide now
The room is turning with the tide
Even the moon is drifting through the dark
Lost in space
Isn’t it beautiful?
Doesn’t it make you sad?
Sleep in my arms tonight
Let the world be still
This is all we have
The stars, they shine for no one
Dead men ache for dreams
And we are all alone in the end
(by Jean-Michel K.)
7 comments:
Beautiful executed. I could feel death in that room and that rawness that one feels after the death of a loved one that can only be erased by embracing another. Sadly, too many have no one to embrace after a loved one dies. The poems I have read on your blog so far are exactly the sort of poems I love.
Hi Catherine, thanks for the comment! Yes, a friend of mine & his wife asked me to write a poem in memory of his father and this was the result after they told me the events. It came out a little darker than I thought but it is what it is now.
"Isn’t it beautiful? / Doesn’t it make you sad?" ...To answer in regard to your poem, yes times two. Well crafted lines with great emotional impact.
Fine write. Desolate and final.
this was beautifully written - heartfelt and deeply emotional
So much in so few words.. very nicely penned.. I enjoyed it so much.. thanks
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com
Good use of images, flow. Solid.
Post a Comment