Thursday, 2 September 2010

Abracadabra

Here I give you this-
a starry night,
seven moons and a castle,
mountains wrapped in snow.

Here I give you a story-
a swinging lantern,
an urgent secret,
a hero in great danger.

Here I give you a blazing sun,
empty beaches
and a turquoise sea.
A shipwreck. Sunken treasure.
A survivor.

Here I give you rivers
flowing through your front door,
rainbows in your living room,
the plumber a prince,
a kiss, a fairytale wedding.

Here I give you this-
a poem.
May the words put a spell on you.

(by Jean-Michel K.)

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. and that is the power of a mighty pen in the hands of a writer...excellent one shot!

Gabriela Abalo said...

superb one shot!

:)

Steve Isaak said...

Enchanting, reader-weaving inkwork. One of the best poems I've read today - my favorite thus far.

Beachanny said...

I thought the repetition of "Here I give you" was very effective letting the images flow the heights of the macrocosm to the jewels of the imagination - magic! Thanks, Gay @beachanny

Janet Lingel Aldrich said...

I like this very much ... it's all about what it means to write, to give other people a little bit of your heart and mind. Good job.

moondustwriter said...

Excellent fanciful poem with so much to dream about.

Nice One Shot

Just a reminder that we would love you to enter the One Stop Competition (ends oct 22).

Moon Smiles

tuberider said...

Thank you everyone! It's always nice to see how people respond to a poem. Thanks again.

Susannah said...

Oh I love this and so enjoyed the imagery with it.

I especially loved this verse it could stand alone!...

'Here I give you a blazing sun,
empty beaches
and a turquoise sea.
A shipwreck. Sunken treasure.
A survivor.'

Wonderful. :-)

dustus said...

The imagery and style are indeed spellbinding. Enjoy your poem very much.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

I liked it so much.. very attracting and vivid... thanks for sharing...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/

Belinda said...

Wonderful one shot!

Marshy said...

and here i give you...a well done...a fantastic poem for one shot..thankyou..pete

Bubba said...

I liked the different scenarios - great One Shot, Jean-Michel!

Scott said...

"Here I give you a blazing sun" Liked that stanza a lot. I related to that one the most. Good point.