My homage to Billy Collins' "Litany"
YOU ARE THE SUN
You are the sun. You are the sky.
You are the stars that shine
With the midday moon.
You are the sun. You are always the sun.
You are beautiful.
You are the clouds that dance
With the wind. You are the wind.
You are the never-ending silence
Of the storm sky
Before it breaks the rain.
You are the sound
Of thunder.
You are the earth. You are the sky.
You are the colour of flowers.
You are the first glance
In the crowd
When lovers meet.
You are the stars.
You are definitely the stars.
I am the moon.
You are the teardrop -
The lingering sadness
Of the half-forgotten moon.
You are the morning’s first light.
You are all the sunsets.
You are the fire. You are the flames.
You are the storm.
You are the sun I am the moon.
You are the last thought
Before I close my eyes.
You are the sun. You are the stars.
You are the night and I am the moon.
by Jean-Michel K.
No comments:
Post a Comment